I wanted to say hi to my new partners at BETPTC and tell everyone how excited I am to be a part of this fine organization. I have bet horses since I was old enough to read and my circuits are Kentucky and New York mainly. I wanted to pass what I use on to the BETPTC guys for Turfway Park. As many know, my nickname is Keeneland Dan because of what I did to the Keeneland Poly track; for the years it was there I profited over $100K and only had one losing meet. Polytrack is just different then dirt and there are rules you need to stick by. Here are the Rules I use when playing the Old Keeneland Poly and Turfway Park.
- NEVER bet the 1 hole in any kind of sprint race. The numbers don’t lie. Stay away. You will beat more dead favorites then the law allows if you stay away from the inside post.
- Read the form on sprint races from the OUTSIDE IN. Start at the 12 horse and read in. WHY? Because it is human nature to find the first horse or two that catches you eye and bet him. If you force yourself to start on the outside in these sprints you will find more price horses and more winners starting from the outside. The best posts to look for sprinting at Turfway Park is the 6-10 holes. Most races there are 12 but if there are go out to the 12 hole. AVOID the inside!
- Stick to the top riders. Turfway is a specialist track and the top riders will dominate every day it is common to see them win 3 or 4 in a day. Watchout for Stu Elliott this meet…he is a great Poly rider and he is going to Turfway for the Winter.
- Stick to horse with Poly success, don’t run to the dirt horses. Watch the old races and go back to the charts for the poly races. Horses that like it, like it. It really is that simple.
- Watch for Turf horses to Poly many will toss them and turf horse always run well at Turfway.
- Maker will have a big meet I know many favorites but hard to leave him out.
- Bet Pick 4’s low takeout!
- PID shippers, grass shippers from Churchill, and horses that like Arlington Park are the ones to look for. Stay away from Belterra shippers.
Good Luck at Turfway Park the fields will be big and the Holiday Meet is always a good one. You can find me and my picks at www.FatBaldGuyracing.com and on twitter way too much Keeneland Dan @FatBaldGuyracin .
Look forward to a great year coming !